We have designed our services with your privacy in mind, and in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (GDPR).
Collection of Information
We may collect information in the following ways:
- When you enter your data using our credit broker service.
If you choose to use our loan matching services, you must provide your personal data so our lending partners can determine whether they wish to extend an offer of credit to you. Information collected includes, your name, requested loan amount, date of birth, address, phone number, email address, residential status, employment information, payment schedule, monthly income and banking information.
- Through your visit and use of our website, even where you do not register for our services, including personal data, such as your IP address, internet service provider, browser, operating system, location, referral/exit pages, date/time stamp and click number. The information is used to analyse trends, track movement and administer our website.
- When you email or otherwise contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence.
You are solely responsible for the accuracy of the information you provide us and we will consider such as being accurate and true. Any use of our website and services is entirely voluntary and you are not required to provide any information unless you choose to do so. You will not be able to use our services if you have not provided information that we require to introduce you to a lender.
Cookies assist us:
- In tracking which features appeal most to you and what content you view or may have viewed on past visits.
- To customise the content of the website according to your preferences.
- To track the number of return visits, accumulate and report aggregate or statistical information on website usage and deliver specific content to you based on your past viewing.
Our website also uses session cookies which are not permanently stored on your computer or device. They enable us to keep track of this data until your registration is complete and they expire after a period of inactivity or when you close your browser.
Uses and Sharing of Information
Any personal data you provide to us is controlled by us and the third party lending partners to which we introduce you. We typically handle and store your information in the UK, EU or European Economic Area (EEA). To ensure adequate protection of your personal data, any transfer of your personal data outside the EEA will be pursuant to the Model Clauses approved by the European Commission.
By entering your information and data, you authorise us to share your information:
- Where we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions, mobile application terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of a third party, our customers or others. In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- To prevent, address or remedy fraud, security or technical issues.
- To improve the design and content of our website.
In consenting to receive SMS based offers and promotions, you understand that, based on your individual carrier and plan, message and data rates may apply. You confirm that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older, that you own or are authorised to use the mobile device to which the SMS based offers and promotions will be sent and that you are authorised to approve any applicable charges.
Should you no longer wish to receive any electronic marketing messages from us, you can go to our opt-out page by click here. or email email@example.com Alternatively, if you have received an SMS message from us, follow the instructions in the message itself.
You may continue to receive offers and promotions by email and SMS from third parties with which you are separately subscribed. We are not responsible for stopping unwanted communications from sources beyond our control.
Security of Information
We employ a series of physical and electronic measures and procedures to safeguard the security and integrity of your information from unauthorised access, use, destruction or disclosure – both online and offline. We have managerial security measures in place wherein access to and use of your personal data is limited. We secure data transmissions with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption software, limit access with robust password protection and store data on secure servers and computers.
Whilst we take all reasonable precautions to protect your data, no data storage or transmission security is guaranteed. Access to and use of our website and services is at your own risk.
You have the right to request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes. At any time to prevent such processing, please contact us by email firstname.lastname@example.org you can contact us or tick the relevant boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. Alternatively, to opt out please click here.
Third Party Links
Our website may contain links to and from third party websites. Please exercise care when following third party links away from our website and read their privacy policies before submitting any personal data to these websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy policies of any site that collects information from you.
Access to Information
Under the Data Protection Act and GDPR, you have the right to access information about you. Right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Access requests, at present, may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet costs in us providing the details of the information we hold about you.
Privacy of Children
Our website is intended for general audiences and is not specifically designed or targeted to children. You must be eighteen (18) years of age or older to register for our services. Children under the age of eighteen (18) are strictly forbidden from registering for our services. We do not knowingly collect, use or share any information of children under the age of eighteen (18) and if we become aware that we have inadvertently collected such information, we will take reasonable efforts to delete it from our records.